Our Sapphires Group – “The Blue Jewels”
- The Kids Castle Nursery and Preschool offer students a safe, fun, and nurturing way to get ready for kindergarten
- Our theme-based curriculum is rich in both a “child-centered philosophy” and an “academic philosophy”.
- A hybrid curriculum approach allows for both abstract and concrete learning in which 80% of class room time is spent on child-centered learning activities and 20% academic learning activities.
- A child-centered approach allows children to explore and learn through play while an academic approach prepares them for the rigors of a formal classroom.
- In a child-centered learning environment, the teacher acts as a facilitator and the learning process is lead by the child’s ability and needs while focusing on areas such as personal, social and emotional development, communication & language and creativity such as music and movement.
- The academic approach is more traditional and provides concrete learning where the teacher leads the class in activities such as Math, Literacy and Science.