The Kid’s Castle Teacher Assistant aids in implementing the curriculum, working with parents, and assessing the needs of individual students along with the Teacher.
- Develop and nurture children by supporting the planning and implementation of the educational program; assist the Teacher will all levels of learning.
- Communicate daily with Teacher.
- Stimulate emotional, intellectual, and social growth of students by implementing educational programs and activities tailored to assigned class.
- Provide a safe environment by maintaining an orderly, clean, and appealing classroom; follow standards and procedures.
- Supervise children upon arriving to and departing from school, when leaving the classroom for bathroom, outdoor time, or other purposes.
- Encourage development of student self-control by utilizing classroom behavior management and modeling techniques.
- Keep parents informed by sharing records of child’s progress.
- Encourage student participation by providing interactive activities.
- Ensure continuous care of children by assuming teaching responsibilities when teacher is absent.
- Maintain quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Be attentive, flexible and supportive of the students and their families.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhance pre-school center reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Has 2 years previous work experience in a childcare school. Experienced working with the Pre-School age group.
Minimum high school diploma, college degree preferred.
Physical Work Demands:
Frequently moves or lifts average weight as in lifting, carrying, and holding children and infants. It is essential that each teacher meet the full lifting requirements in which may be up to 30kg.
Physically reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances which can include lifting and pushing up to 30kg.
Demonstrate the ability to stoop and bend on child’s level frequently.
Able to interact and communicate with children on the playground/classroom, i.e. run, jump, dance, demonstrate physical exercises.
Required to stand at least 90% of the workday.
Able to use proper lifting procedures and seeks appropriate assistance with heavy lifting when possible.
Mental Work Demands:
Mentally reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances.
Regular and on-time attendance.
Hours may exceed 40 hours per week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualification association with this job.
Connect with Children, Deal with Uncertainty, Safety Management, Judgment, Objectivity, Confidentiality, Dependability, Emotional Control, Handles Pressure, Listening, Verbal Communication