The Kid’s Castle teacher is responsible for planning and implementing the daily program for children within an assigned age group, promoting the social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth of the children under his/her care and instruction. They maintain classroom records and update the school Director on the progress of the children on a daily basis while ensuring cleanliness and safety at all times.
- Plan the daily program for children within assigned age group, which will encourage each child’s growth in the areas of social, emotional, physical and intellectual development.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Prevent injuries and handle emergencies, accidents, and injuries appropriately when they occur.
- Teach the class in a manner consistent with the philosophy and goals of the company.
- Treat children with dignity and respect by recognizing and considering the background, special needs, and interests, style and pace of learning of each child.
- Help children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
- Maintain room arrangement appropriate for age group
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding children, parents, staff and any school business.
- Keep records of children’s development.
- Assist with preparing meals and snacks, feeding children, modeling table manners
- Assist with diaper changing when needed.
- Practice basic health screening of children on a daily basis i.e. injuries, marks, fevers etc.
- Supervise staff assigned to assist with daily group activities to ensure the physical and emotional well being of each child in the group.
- Observe records and report any significant individual or group behavior, which might affect the children.
- Keep educational materials, equipment and the general room environment neat, safe and clean.
- Notify School Director and/or Assistant Director of needed repairs immediately to room, building, playground, equipment.
- Maintain playground and indoor play area.
- Promote and maintain an appropriate and professional rapport and working relationships with other staff members.
- Participate in all staff training sessions, meetings and programs as requested by the School Director and as sponsored by the School.
- Maintain professional conduct when working with families and staff, as well as visitors and the general public.
- Ensure that all class activities operate consistently and ethically within the values and mission of the preschool.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Has 2 years previous work experience in a childcare school. Experienced working with the Pre-School age group.
College degree and teaching certification required.
Physical Work Demands:
Frequently moves or lifts average weight as in lifting, carrying, and holding children and infants. It is essential that each teacher meet the full lifting requirements in which may be up to 30kg.
Physically reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances which can include lifting and pushing up to 30kg.
Must demonstrate the ability to stoop and bend on child’s level frequently.
Able to interact and communicate with children on the playground/classroom, i.e. run, jump, dance, demonstrate physical exercises.
Required to stand at least 90% of the workday.
Able to use proper lifting procedures and seeks appropriate assistance with heavy lifting when possible.
Mental Work Demands:
Mentally reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances.
Regular and on-time attendance.
Hours may exceed 40 hours per week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualification association with this job.
Connect with Children, Deal with Uncertainty, Safety Management, Judgment, Objectivity, Confidentiality, Dependability, Emotional Control, Handles Pressure, Listening, Verbal Communication